Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Visual XML Editor - savannah.gnu.or

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Visual XML Editor - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:34:36 -0300

address@hidden writes:

Hi Ferrir Gabriele,

Apologize for the delay in our answer.

You list just two dependencies, there's any other dependence in your
project? I check the both that you submitted and there's some
problems.

The Xerces library (http://xml.apache.org/ C++ or Java 2) it is
licensed under an Apache License that it's GPL-Incompatible, you have
to drop this dependence from your project.

Related to the other dependence, Java Swing,  you must determine
whether your project can run on a Free Software Java suite (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more information).

We recommend you to test your project using GCJ and GNU Classpath, and
ensure that your Java code runs on this Free Software Java suite.

GCJ is the GNU Compiler for Java, part of the GCC (GNU Compiler
Collection).  The Classpath project aims to develop a free and portable
implementation of the Java API (the classes in the 'java' package).

More information is available at http://gcc.gnu.org/ and
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/,

Please provide us with more information about this point.

Regards,