[Savannah-hackers] [gnu.org #218517] webpages sync

From: James Blair via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [gnu.org #218517] webpages sync
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:31:49 -0500

> address@hidden - Mon Jan 03 11:18:35 2005]:
>
> No, it was occuring for several weeks already :/

It occurs to me that we may not have proper error handling for this.
www.gnu.org has been down several times recently, and I don't think our
system takes that into account.  If this is an intermittent problem,
that may be the cause.

Maybe the creation of the website should be de-coupled from creating the
cvs repository.  Instead, maybe a flag of some sort (in the db or on the
filesystem) is needed indicating whether the website creation succeeded
or not.  Then the cron job would just create any websites that haven't
been created yet.

Though I hope that www.gnu.org is more reliable now. :)

-Jim