Re: [Savannah-help-public] request for freetype mailing lists

From: Werner LEMBERG
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:36:51 +0100 (CET)

> I suggest to install the mailing archives "as is".  I feel that
> it'll be a lot easier for us to delete the spam e-mails "by hand"
> (if they're not too numerous), instead of setting up a complicated
> spam filter tool while ensuring that it doesn't confuse the message
> numbering.

I'll first try to do something.  On the web I've found a simple script
which filters mbox files; instead of removing the spam I will replace
it with a dummy mail.  Hopefully it works.

Since the list broke exactly on the end of December there won't be any
renumbering problems in reopening the lists right now, providing the
archives later on.

So I only need to mass subscribe the people (which I'll do as soon as
I have a plain-text list of the people).

    Werner