Re: [Savannah-help-public] What gave Moheb Missaghi Emacs write access?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] What gave Moheb Missaghi Emacs write access?
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:31:33 +0100

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 09:03:31PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:41:18 +0100
> > From: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> >
> > There is a project history in Admin/Main/Show History in the Savane
> > interface.
>
> Thanks for the tip, this is a very useful feature.
>
> > There, as far as I can see, the user asked for access, so it was added
> > to the 'pending users' lists, and wasn't given any access. Then Eliz
> > removed him (along with another pending user) from the pending list.
>
> The problem is that it appeared in the Members List, not only in the
> "Pending Users" list.  I removed it from the Members List _after_ I
> denied the pending request.  Why did a pending user appear in the
> Members List, along with all the other project members?
>
> The history log is a bit confusing about what happens: a user who
> requested membership and was approved has 2 entries: "User Requested
> Membership" and "Approved User", while the entries for a user whose
> request of membership was denied are "User Requested Membership" and
> "Removed User".  To me, the last entry sounds like removal of a user
> who was already a member, because it is the opposite of "Added User".
> I'd expect something like "Membership Request Denied" for the case
> that a request was denied without adding the user to the members list.
> Can you clarify what happens here?

Yes, when a member requests membership, it is shown in the "Removing
User(s) from Group" list along with other members, so you can remove
him as a pending user. You can see that he doesn't appear in the "Set
Permissions" page, nor in the "Project Memberlist" one.

As far as database is concerned, the user is added to your group, but
as pending, so he is 'part' of the group, but the Savane software
consistently avoid taking pending users into accounts.

If you think that's not clear and could be improved, I suggest you
send a bug report at http://gna.org/bugs/?group=savane :)

--
Sylvain