Re: [Savannah-help-public] [gnu.org #221446] Is dominion a GNU package ?

From: Sylvain Beucler via RT
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] [gnu.org #221446] Is dominion a GNU package ?
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:42:21 -0500

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 08:22:44AM -0500, Karl Berry via RT wrote:
> Hi -- it is not in /gd/gnuorg/maintainers, not in the Free Software
> Directory, and has not been evaluated.  So I see no evidence that it is GNU.
>
> However, there have been other packages which were dubbed GNU in the
> past and never got recorded.  So I suggest asking the author if they
> received an official dubbing message from rms (or something else along
> those lines).
>
> I've also seen confused package authors think that if they are using the
> GPL, they are a GNU package ...
>
> Hope this helps,

Hmm, the automatic mail sent from Savannah is not perfectly clear :/
Sorry about that.

Actually I had asked the person to contact new-gnu to officialize the
situation, but it looks like he didn't. I though maybe you would have
a trace of it.

Here's what he wrote during the registration process (Mon 06/09/2003
at 15:27):

---
Here is the old email from RMS approving it as a GNU project.  Also
note that I am in correspondence with Mathieu and Rudy to incorporate
an old version of the CVS repository.