Re: [Savannah-help-public] Exporting/Moving all bug reports for classpat

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Exporting/Moving all bug reports for classpath
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:52:00 +0100

Hi Sylvian,

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 21:56 +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Wait, are you telling me that all the classpath/cp-tools merging job
> was useless??? ;)

No, no, no! Really, we are just growing faster then we anticipated.
cp-tools and in particular gjdoc have really benefitted from being in
the same savannah project. (See our latest documentation overview page,
generated by gjdoc for the GNU Classpath core class libraries:
http://developer.classpath.org/doc/)
And the cooperation between GCC and GNU Classpath and the adoption of
these two projects together is also going musch faster then anticipated.

We are very thankful to all the development tools provided by the
Savannah hackers. And except for sharing the bug database with GCC we
are not anticipating switching any other tools in the near future.

But see my previous prediction of the future... sorry.
But it is all for the good of the projects and hackers and the larger
GNU community.

> I'll send you a SQL file separately. It's the data Savane can export
> via a script, tell me if it's ok.

That looked nice. Will really help. Thanks.
I'll contact you (hopefully end of this week) for the latest dump.

Thanks for all your help.

Mark