[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104191] I want to change the license of my p

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104191] I want to change the license of my project
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:10:58 +0000

Update of sr #104191 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

First, did you read:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-copyleft.html
?

You may also be interested in:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/x.html (the problem with X11)
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/pragmatic.html (some uses of copyleft)

Then please confirm if you still want to switch to a non-copyleft license.

You need the agreement of all contributing authors to make the change. Can
you tell me if you have it?

By the way, beware that MIT has used many licenses for software and "MIT
license" may be a confusing term (more info at
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/license-list.html#X11License).

About public domain, most countries allow you to forsake your copyright (I
think that's not possible in UK). There used to be something at
http://www.primarilypublicdomain.org/ for it but apparently it's being
reorganized. Note that when a work is in public domain, nobody has to even
mention the original author.

This http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html also explains the
principle of the LGPL.

If you need precise help on licensing you might want to contact
address@hidden

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104191>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/