[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104643] String [bug #XXXXX] in CVS commit me

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104643] String [bug #XXXXX] in CVS commit message should annotate project bug tracker
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:40:36 +0200

> I believe Mark Baushke pointed you at the
> `--allow-root-regex' patch. If someone would add some
> test cases, make sure it still applies to 1.12.12, and
> submit it to the CVS patch tracker on Savannah, I will
> make sure it gets into CVS.

I began doing this but I have other personnal issues to deal with atm. (it
doesn't apply to CVS 1.12, it's quite an old patch for v1.11; the doc patch
applies well though)

> I would be as happy about --allow-root-file, though I
> don't believe I've seen that patch yet.

That's another patch for CVS 1.10, from Loïc Dachary, not
documented/accompagned with tests. I'll attach here so there's a way to get
it (previous location is broken).

> The CVS feature release also has proper portable
> glob functionality that might make glob style
> --allow-root specs easy to implement.
> Is there a support tracker item for this issue?

No, though we can create a task item here.

Vincent Caron also sent me a patch they use at Gna! for automatically
supporting subdirectories of the specified allow-root - however it's not
documented/accompagned with tests, not strictly backward compatible, and I
don't think it's good to allow a CVSROOT at any sublevel of the specified
allow-root's.

> RMS pinged me privately yesterday about the
> GPG-signatures. You may see something in a month or two.
> Is there a support tracker item for this issue?

That's probably because I pinged him about it 2 days ago :) Can you tell me
more about it?

Again no problem with adding a task here.

> Finally, assuming you are using something close to the
> commit_prep.pl and log.pl from CVS's contrib dir,

Here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/administration/administration/infra/commit_prep-log_accum/

> and that updating the tracker could be implemented as a
> simple SQL query or two, I think tweaking log.pl to do
> what I asked in response to a new command-line option
> should be pretty simple, on the order of 10-20 lines.
> Could you tell me what DB is used for Savannah's
> backend

We use MySQL.

> and point me at a description of the schema?

The structure is at:
http://cvs.gna.org/cvsweb/savane/db/mysql/?cvsroot=savane

patch/support/task/bugs are built on the same schema.

> I could probably rough-out a patch in a few minutes.

That would be good. You might want to discuss the issue at address@hidden

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: cvs-1.10.8-rootfile.patch      Size:2 KB

<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?item_id=104643&item_file_id=160>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104643>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/