[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104643] String [bug #XXXXX] in CVS commit me

From: Derek Robert Price
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104643] String [bug #XXXXX] in CVS commit message should annotate project bug tracker
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 04:09:06 +0000

I don't know.  scmbug looks a bit complex when all this would take is having
log.pl "use DBI;" then "$dbh = new DBI (...)", then later $dbh->do ("INSERT
into SOMETABLE VALUES ($bugnum, $username, now (), $commitlog)");

How are you proposing that this be "integrated with Savane"?  Once this text
is installed in log.pl, all I can imagine is a configuration checkbox in an
admin page that turns on and off the command line option passed to log.pl to
turn the DB insert on and off.  The log message to be inserted is even
already constructed, complete with links to the viewcvs diffs.

If you want to get really tricky, a similar construct in commit_prep.pl could
cause the commit to abort with an error message when the referenced tracker
item doesn't exist, but that's another three lines in that script.

Maybe my imagination is not inspired.  Did you have some other integration in
mind?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104643>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/