Re: [Savannah-help-public] bugsdb <-> mailing list connection

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:27:33 +0200

Hi,

A lot of people tend to answer to the notification mail as if they
were geniune e-mails. This is usually messy because 1) 'Cc:' are often
forgotten and 2) the answer is not added to the tracker, which make it
harder for the project team to follow what is going on with a given
request.

As a result we use a FULL CAPS invalid e-mail address to make it clear
that one should not reply to the notification mail. We could also add
a "DON'T REPLY TO THIS MAIL" header as I saw in some Bugzilla
installation but that would be a bit too much for my taste :)

If you want to communicate directly with somebody (or vice-versa), the
real user e-mail is present in the To: or Cc: field of the notification
mail.

--
Sylvain