Re: [Savannah-help-public] Default software project perms allows anonymo

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Default software project perms allows anonymous patches
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:47:05 +0200

    On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 11:56:10AM +0200, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

    > Hi hackers.
    >
    > It seems the default permissions for "Official GNU software" and
    > "non-GNU software & documentation" allows anonymous to insert patches
    > into the Patch tracking facility.
    >
    > That doesnt seems to be a good idea. We cannot incorporate anonymous
    > significant patches to our packages. I think would be a good idea to
    > set the default to registered users.

    Hi,

    There's a difference between anonymous and non-registered :)

True.

    Should we prevent people from posting a signed patch if they don't
    have a Savannah account and can't be bothered creating one?

What about to incorporate a mandatory "distribution terms and author
information" field for non-registered users, plus some information
like "in order to incorporate your patch to official GNU software we
need you to make explicit both author and distribution terms.".

This may be useful for non-gnu software too.

What do you think?

--
Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden>

Project Engineer