[Savannah-help-public] Re: Unacceptable behavior of Malayalam coordinato

From: Anwar Ummer
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Unacceptable behavior of Malayalam coordinator and www-ml administrator
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 13:19:34 +0530

Dear Vivek,

It really saddens me to see that you are acting in a monopolistic manner
even when you call yourself a webmaster at gnu.org. Why have you revoked
my admin status?

It is basic common sense that you have to notify the user that you are revoking
his admin status and moreover provide the explanation. More clearly revoking
it at a time when a discussion is going on to provide Mr. Pravin A. a  membership,
would directly lead us to think that your way of thinking is not at all in conformation
with the ideals that you hold as a gnu.org webmaster or even a free software enthusiast.
We always must allow and motivate those who are genuinely interested to join
and to contribute to the project, rather than asking them to create another project
when the work to be done is the same. Moreover Mr. Pravin has asked only for
commit rights to CVS so as to upload the works that he has done, since no commits
have gone into the CVS for the last three years.

Your claim that Mr. Pravin is trying to dimish the GNU Malayalam Project value that has
no CVS commit and when you have not even commited the work that you, me, anivar and Vimal
did for the last three years, is baseless.

Why did you also remove the admin status of Mahesh T. Pai? I presume he also
might not have been notified of the change. Is this a way so that you could be in
control of who joins the project, by making yourself the only admin at GNU Malayalam Project?
Why did you remove Anivar A. Aravind from the project even when he was also
an initial founding member of the project? If you have any personal grudges
against Anivar and Pravin A., savannah is not the ground for showing it.

Please restore the membership of Anivar A. Aravind and also the admin status
of those whom you have revoked.

Regards
Anwar Ummer