Re: [Savannah-help-public] Problems logging in via ssh

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Problems logging in via ssh
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:08:28 +0200

Hi,

Try:
  export CVS_RSH=ssh
before running CVS.

Your cvs is trying to use rsh instead of ssh for connection.

Nowadays most systems symlink 'rsh' to 'ssh' and the issue is solved
automatically, but apparently not in this version of osx.

Incidentally, option '-i' is an ssh (not cvs) option. If you need to
use it in combination with cvs, you need to use an ssh wrapper, but
that's another story :)

--
Sylvain