[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107270] Download can't handle an "index.html

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107270] Download can't handle an "index.html" file
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:44:36 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi,

I have a problem with the download area for the autoconf-archive project. The
file names of the release tarballs are long, and the mirrors don't display the
entire file name on the index page that's generated on-the-fly, so it's very
hard for our users to distinguish between various releases and tarball
formats, because they can't see the entire file name.

I reckoned, that adding a custom "index.html" file to the download area might
help improve the situation, but apparently the download area can't handle an
HTML file? For example, the mirror
<http://mirrors.zerg.biz/nongnu/autoconf-archive/> just responds with an
error:

 | Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in
/home/zlb/mirrors/nongnu/autoconf-archive/index.html  on line 1

Now, I can delete the "index.html" file from Savannah, but that won't impress
the mirrors, i.e. the file is going to be around anyway. This means that the
autoconf archive's download link is pretty much broken as of now. I have no
clue how to remedy that problem. Can someone please advice me?

On the longer term, I'd be curious whether there's a way to generate a proper
index page for the download area? I checked the FAQ and all documentation I
could think of, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks a lot for your help.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107270>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/