[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107270] Download can't handle an "index.html

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107270] Download can't handle an "index.html" file
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:44:38 +0000

Hi Karl,

the HTML file I uploaded really was an XHTML file that had an XML document
declaration like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

When I got that "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING ..." error
message, I went out on a limb and dropped the first two lines from the file.
Apparently, that remedied the error on mirrors.zerg.biz at the time they did
their next rsync, and that is why the server responded with a proper HTML page
when you tried the URL I posted.

I'm not sure where exactly that leaves us. Obviously, we've figured out how
to make mirrors.zerg.biz happy, but I'm worried that I'll be running into a
different problem with my index.html file at the time the next mirror appears.
I dunno ... maybe it's best not to worry and to cross that bridge when we
reach it.

Anyhow, am absolutely certain that mirrors.zerg.biz does *not* use rsync
--delete. There used to be a file "keyring.asc" in the upload area, but I
deleted it several days ago. I can still retrieve it from the mirror at
<http://mirrors.zerg.biz/nongnu/autoconf-archive/keyring.asc>, though, so as
of now, it's not possible for me to delete files reliably.

Take care,
Peter

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107270>

  Message sent via/by Savannah