Re: [Savannah-help-public] Request for two new mailing lists related to

From: Glenn Morris
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:57:42 -0400

Hi,

Karl Berry wrote (on Sun, 28 Mar 2010 at 23:04 GMT):

>     help-debbugs   - Users list for the tracker at debbugs.gnu.org
>     bug-debbugs    - Bug reports for the tracker at debbugs.gnu.org
>
> It's no problem, but I just wonder if one list (with an alias, if you
> like) would suffice for starters.  Any idea how much traffic could be
> expected?

Probably either list is going to get very little traffic.

I felt that there needed to be at least one new list, since at present
we are (ab)using bug-gnu-emacs for this purpose.

The reason for two lists is that I was intending the bug list to be
the place that sends/receives bugs in the debbugs.gnu.org package, in
the same way as the Emacs and coreutils lists do with their respective
packages. It would be impossible to use this list without creating a
bug report.

Then I thought that there needed to be a help list that was
independent of the tracker, because if you are having trouble using
the thing, you probably don't want to be forced to create a bug report
to get help!

But, long story short, you're probably right: I can try using the help
list for both purposes at first. So could you just create the help
list? Thanks.

Cheers,

Glenn