Re: [Savannah-help-public] svn access

From: Torsten Mueller
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] svn access
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:09:28 +0200

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think you'll be interested in this documentation:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SvnImportExistingRepo

Sorry for contacting you directly. I have indeed read these instructions
before I posted my request this morning. But I decided this is not what
I want. I don't want to import something. I just want en empty SVN
repository, the same as for CVS. That's why I asked.

OK, I tried it now but ... I can't figure it out. I don't know if I make
an error or if something on the server doesn't work.

I created a local SVN repository now. It's absolutely empty. I dumped it
and bzipped the file. The result is 200 bytes long. Then I tried to copy
this as described into the download area of the Savannah None-Gnu
server. But it ends up always in an error message. Under Windows I got
"cannot create a regular file" while under Linux the message is always
"permission denied" (yes, this difference is mysterious, I trust the
Linux more). The commands I try are as follows:

scp pdrx-dump.bz2 address@hidden:/srv/download/pdrx/
                                           ^^^ ?

scp pdrx-dump.bz2 address@hidden:/download.savannah.nongnu.org/download/pdrx/

scp pdrx-dump.bz2 address@hidden:/download.savannah.nongnu.org/download/pdrx/
                                  ^^^^^^ ?

Which line is right? Has the server actually a "pdrx" directory? Can I
write there?

I think my SSH works correctly.

Are there other ways to connect to the server? FTP, SFTP, DAV?

Could you help me with this issue?

T.M., Bern, Switzerland