Re: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108351] Activating commit diffs for mast

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108351] Activating commit diffs for master branch of emacs/elpa.git
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 23:56:36 -0400

> I have added the following configurations to your repo:

> showrev = "git show -C %s; echo"
> emailprefix = [ELPA-diffs]

> These should make the email display as you like.  This change applies to the
> entire elpa.git repo.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

I now get the diffs, and it indeed works on other branches in
that repository.  Great, thank you.

The email subject line is still not great.  It now reads:

   Subject: [ELPA-diffs] UNNAMED PROJECT branch, master,
        updated. b72e08e1b156722f3149255394d7b8a9f04da685

where the "UNNAMED PROJECT branch, " carries no useful information (not
sure where I could set the project's name, but it wouldn't be very
useful anyway given the presence of the [ELPA-diffs] prefix).

Not sure if ", updated" carries any information either, FWIW (can it
ever say something else?).

While I'm here, a few other nitpicks:
- It'd be nice to set the mail-followup-to to "sender + address@hidden".
- It'd also be nice to have the "Summary of changes:" at the beginning
  rather than at the end of the email.
- I see we get one email per "git push" rather than one per commit.
  I guess that explains why the "subject:" can't have the first line of
  the commit message.  Too bad.

-- Stefan