[savannah-help-public] [sr #107671] Viewing Job list of multiple project

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #107671] Viewing Job list of multiple project types.
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:45:38 +0000

> To be precise, there are at least two repositories,
> "administration.git" and "administration/savane.git"

Oh! It finally begins to become clear.  And how is one supposed to know that,
when https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=administration doesn't mention
savane.git?  Sigh.  (This multiple repository per project stuff that git loves
so much seems to me like a terrible idea for us.  Creates so much confusion.)

Anyway, so then how about changing the links to /p/administration?

My main point is that it does not sound correct or maintainable to link to a
specific git repository.  Much better to link to a project.  If no current
projects suffice, we should make it so one does.  (I seem to vaguely recall
having this sam conversation with Sylvain years and years ago, and nothing
coming of it.  Sigh.)

It sounds like the administration project has everything that is interesting,
and all the savane projects are the rewrites that have never come to fruition.
 Is that accurate?

Thanks,
Karl

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107671>