Re: [savannah-help-public] GSL: switching from bzr to git

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] GSL: switching from bzr to git
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:03:35 -0700

Hi Bob,

  I was hoping I could trouble you to again make HEAD point to a
different branch by default for GSL. We would like our 'develop-1'
branch to be the default HEAD. I think the command will be:

git symbolic-ref HEAD refs/heads/develop-1

Also I'd like to ask for this as a feature request in the web interface
- the GSL team prefers the default branch to be associated with a major
version number (ie: v1, v2, etc) so for each major release we'll
probably want to update the default HEAD. I know github has a pull down
menu on their web interface which allows users to update the remote HEAD
settings (like the command above). Perhaps savannah could do something
similar?

Many thanks,
Patrick Alken