Re: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108500] User specification of "Subject"

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108500] User specification of "Subject" line doesn't seem to work
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 15:28:05 -0700

Glenn Golden wrote:
>   <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108500>
> In the account configuration page
>
>    https://savannah.gnu.org/my/admin/change_notifications.php
>
> there's an option ("Subject Line") to allow the user to specify a custom
> Subject line for messages. It doesn't seem to have any effect; I changed it
> several days ago to a custom value, yet all received messages still have the
> standard header.

Hmm...  Interesting feature.  I am just noting for the others that I
read this report and have no idea anything about it.  I set a subject
prefix for my own account as an experiment so that I can see what it
does or does not do.  I imagine that due to the report that it isn't
working that it isn't working.  Or the functionality is restricted to
some smaller subset of emails.

Bob

P.S. I personally think using subject prefixes for mail filtering is
bad.  It consumes precious subject line space that makes it harder to
read the important part of the subject.  I try to avoid them and to
discourage their use.