[savannah-help-public] [sr #108534] Rename guile-figl project to guile-o

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108534] Rename guile-figl project to guile-opengl
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:41:19 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi,

At the time that we made the project submission of guile-figl, it wasn't clear
if the Khronos Group (which has power over the OpenGL trademark) would allow
the use of "opengl" in a project name.  Since then we have contacted them and
they say it is fine.  Therefore I would like to request that the "guile-figl"
project be renamed "guile-opengl".  I never uploaded the project to savannah
(it's currently on gitorious) so it would be equivalent to delete guile-figl
and replace with guile-opengl.

It's a bit of a complicated request, I realize, but naming is hard and now is
the right time to do the right thing :)

Thanks for the help!

Andy

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108534>