[savannah-help-public] [sr #108600] Registration b0rked

From: Eric NOULARD
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108600] Registration b0rked
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 12:16:08 +0000

I think that the requirement on passwd are good.
May be we could just explain how to craft a password fullfilling the
requirements which does not imply a headache.

My usual favorite being to use the initial letter for each word of a phrase
(possibly long) an replace 'to' with '2'  or drop a '+' or '-' as separator
and drop in some number of space for punctuation.

This usually fullfil most of "strong" passwd requirement and do not require a
lot for remembering it.

Moroever if the passwd recovery process is efficient forgetting a passwd is
not that bad. I'm speaking of passwd for the average project user not for sys
admin of course.

Then my opinion is:

Keep strong requirement on passwd.
Give more advice about two 'create' strong passwd to the user.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108600>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/