[savannah-help-public] [sr #109144] Change project name

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109144] Change project name
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 19:09:47 +0000 (UTC)

Sorry for the long delay.  Unfortunately project review volunteers are in
short supply.

There was some very small discussion about this request.  No one liked the
very short three letter project name because it was too short and implied
other things such as font ligatures and not really a good name for guile on
libre hardware.  It seems unwise to try to grab a global namespace very short
name like this.  I am not one of the project submission reviewers but I think
that a project submission for lig would not be approved. But again I don't
know since I am not one of the project submission reviewers.  However I hated
to see this languish without some response and therefore decided to comment.
Let me kindly and gently suggest that a more specific project name would help
everyone.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109144>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/