[savannah-help-public] [sr #109166] questions about importing a new mail

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 20:33:25 +0000 (UTC)

Update of sr #109166 (project administration):

completely conversant with the import part and our resident master of the
subject is on travel but will respond when he catches up.

I say yes please remove spam messages from the archive.  If you need
assistance doing that then I can help with that part.  I maintain the
listhelper anti-spam system for the mailing lists now.  You can read about it
here  https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListHelperAntiSpam/ .

I would run (and I am happy to help you with doing this) the archive through
SpamAssassin and split it into two folders of spam and not and then review the
result manually. That should do a pretty fair job of it. Not perfectly because
time has passed and that will affect how the current rules categorize the
older messages.  But it should be pretty good.

I don't think it is necessary to delete any of the SF headers lines.  I don't
think it matters one way or the other.

The web frontend has an obsfuscator that redacts email addresses from web
scraping.  Don't modify the mail messages.

There is no web interface to import mail archives. As the instructions say
open a ticket like this one and one of us will run the import from the command
line.

Because this is not a bug then for simple accounting I am closing the ticket.
But feel free to post additional comments here.  We will see them.  Or if you
wish a more natural discussion flow please write to < savannah-help-public AT
gnu.org > for a discussion list.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109166>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/