[savannah-help-public] [sr #109115] Accidentally deleted an attachment

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109115] Accidentally deleted an attachment
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 20:43:02 +0000 (UTC)

Assaf traced through the site code and found the location where attachments
are saved.  Yay!  Thanks Assaf.  :-)  However it is our fault that this took
too long to address.  Now that we know where to look the file is no longer
available from the FSF backup server.  Drat! :-(

How important is this file? The FSF admins tell me that it is only available
on their long term tape archive, if it was captured before it was deleted, but
that trying to retrieve those is very difficult. I think practically not
possible due to shortage of admin resources there.

I will address improving backup with the new web frontend that is now almost
ready to be put into production to replace the previous system. I am sorry
that it was you that had to suffer in order to get the backup process improved
however.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109115>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/