[savannah-help-public] [sr #109229] CNAME

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109229] CNAME
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 03:42:15 +0000 (UTC)

Update of sr #109229 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

I am sorry but you have confused us here at Savannah with the FSF main web
site team.  The Savannah admins don't have access nor control of the main
{non,}gnu.org web site.  For administrative access there you would need to
contact sysadmin AT fsf DOT org.

However I am also sorry to inform you that as far as I know what you are
asking for is not a supported feature and has not previously been a supported
feature.  AFAIK you can't simply point random DNS names to the {non,}gnu.org
site and expect it to serve those pages.

The two options that are fully supported that I know about are these two:

http://www.nongnu.org/guga/

And even better:

http://guga.nongnu.org/

The appearance of those two look different because the css style sheets have
anchors to the root.  If they were fixed to be relative links then the two
pages would appear identical.  That is remove the leading '/' from the css
links and the first will look as intended.

I think the best option available for you is to use the
http://guga.nongnu.org/ web site.  Beyond that you would need to talk with FSF
sysadmin.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109229>

  Message sent via/by Savannah