[savannah-help-public] [sr #109257] cgit sometimes serves a stale page f

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109257] cgit sometimes serves a stale page for five minutes
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 15:49:07 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #109257 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

I think this is due to beneficial caching. The cgit web interface caches data
to present to the user.  This is good caching.  Previously the cgit service
has been a performance problem.  Caching is a way to mitigate the performance
problem.

Reloading the web page does not have any effect because that is simply your
browser reloading the same page that has been cached.  It actually reinforces
the benefit of the cgit cache.

Your personal working copy is no different.  You only see updates when you
explicitly pull them.  You do not see every upstream update in real time.
When you want to see updates you must explicitly pull them in.  I think this
is no different.

I am going to mark this as "Wont Do".  Sorry.  I will keep it open to remind
me to investigate this in more detail.  But I don't think disabling caching is
something we want to do.  Sorry.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109257>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/