[savannah-help-public] Stuck trying to log onto cvs

From: Jeff Mitchell
Subject: [savannah-help-public] Stuck trying to log onto cvs
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 08:00:22 +1300

I generated a key but I can't get anything to work:

address@hidden:~/> ssh-add
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

And also:

address@hidden:~/> cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/noob-a-tron co noob-a-tron
address@hidden's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
address@hidden's password:

Permission denied obviously means my key doesn't match anything but then how do I add the key?

address@hidden:~/> ssh-agent
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-dsLKuLvhRKap/agent.9416; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;
SSH_AGENT_PID=9417; export SSH_AGENT_PID;
echo Agent pid 9417;

ssh-add says cannot connect to authentication agent, is this referring to a system service on my PC?