Re: [savannah-help-public] Helping you

From: Vinicius Melo
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Helping you
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 20:58:42 +0000

Hi! Sorry for the time, it has been hard. I can help you in those
activities:

1. Developing a light-weight web interface to post bug reports to the
GNU bug tracker http://debbugs.gnu.org. Note that the Debian DebBugs
team strictly opposes to such web-based interface, insisting only on
email. But with Savannah, we have an advantage: users are logged-in, and
savannah knows their email address. It also knows the list of valid
projects - thus, a webinterface could simply be a wrapper around sending
an email from the savannah user.

2. Redesign/improve the web interface, make it prettier and more
accessible, while keeping it inline with GNU's priorities and values (no
JS, no tricky CSS, viewable on non-graphic browsers, etc.).

3. Per-project Wiki, perhaps using Jekyll (need to verify
savannah-policy related issues with this).

4. Pruning the wiki pages, removing some cruft, merging similar pages
and splitting too-long pages. See HowToAdminThisWiki.

Thanks!

--
Vinícius Melo
Diretor de Software no RaulHackerClub