Re: [savannah-help-public] [GSoC] Quick Update on Fuzzing

From: armin
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [GSoC] Quick Update on Fuzzing
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 22:56:49 +0200

Hi Bob,

a couple of short follow-up questions on this matter:

 (1) Do you (Savannah Hacker team) happen to have a GitHub account that you
would
like to use for pushing to the GitHub mirrors?

- Yes: can you please tell me the user name, I will add appropriate rights
to the
repositories on GitHub.

- No: I would set up a new GitHub user for mirroring.

(2) Do you have a preference when it comes to pushing via SSH vs. HTTPS?

- SSH: If you have a GitHub account already, things should be set up and
ready
to go. Otherwise, if I create a new account for mirroring, I would kindly
ask
you to send me an SSH key of your liking and I will add it to the account.

- HTTPS: Again, if you have a GitHub account, no further actions are
required.
Otherwise, I would create an account and transfer the password to you.

(3) Are you able to save the password (of the SSH key or the user in case of
HTTPS) on the server? In that case, the post receive hooks really come down
executing

  `git push --mirror github-mirror`

if the remotes `github-mirror` were added to the repositories on the server.

Please let me know what you think and what you prefer.

Thank you so much,
Armin

> > Yes.  Savannah's repositories allow hooks.  There is no automated
> > mechanism for installing them however.  Please simply ask the Savannah

> > Hacker team to install them.  We are happy to do so.

> These are amazing news :)

> > I assume that question isn't about just doing it by cron though
> > because any party can mirror using cron.  I am guessing the real
question is ...

> Exactly, cron jobs would only be the backup option.

> I will prepare the hook files (one for each repository) and send them to
you.