[Savannah-register-public] [task #4215] Submission of Ethics search prot

From: anonymous
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4215] Submission of Ethics search protocol
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:02:58 +0000

Hello Sylvain,

no, what I'm doing is that I'm linking GPL code written by me to Apache and
other public code and I grant myself a pardon from GPL in case of license
incompatibility. I do not grant that
pardon to others in general. The result is a codebase that cannot be used to
write derived code unless the redistributor either receives a permission from
me to drop GPL, a permission from
the other authors to merge their code under the GPL or he or she rewrites
either my code or the other code.

My reason is that I prefer to write GPL code but I'm going to include code
that is not under GPL into my project. This project is, however, hosted on
sourceforge, not on savannah.gnu.org.

The project, however, you have approved will consist only of GPL and LGPL
coce.

Thank you for your comments, I'm sure I want this project to be entirely free
software as defined by the FSF.

Bernhard

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4215>

  Message sent via/by Savannah