[Savannah-register-public] [task #4264] Submission of gumdrop

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4264] Submission of gumdrop
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:46:48 +0000

The goal of the project is to provide a Java server (primarily a web server
and servlet container) for the GNU operating system. This server will be able
to be compiled to native code by gcj.

Since I submitted the project we (the Classpath team) have already made
several updates that enable more of gumdrop to work as advertised on free Java
platforms. I am also in communication with the maintainers of free Java
virtual machines in order to ensure that JVM-level features are present. Some
simple web applications are already working on the CVS HEAD versions of Kaffe
and JamVM. I am also in collaboration with Casey Marshall to provide the SSL
support for GNU Classpath which will underlie an HTTPS-capable version of
gumdrop.

I have prepared a new package (with new graphics) at the original location

  http://bluezoo.org/gumdrop.tar.gz

following the above guidelines, since I could not locate copyright information
for some of the graphics.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4264>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/