[Savannah-register-public] [task #5171] Submission of Vazaar

From: TomásVírseda
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5171] Submission of Vazaar
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:20:52 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8293>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  Vazaar

System Group Name:
-----------------
  vazaar

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  Vazaar is an item manager applet for GNOME.

- It follows tags philosophy (one item can belongs to many categories or
tags)
- Data about categories and items are stored in XML format
- Item's contents are stored in a centralized repository
- Items
- Foreach item, Vazaar detects its MIME Type and tries to handle it only if
it is an image, a webpage or text
- Drag and drop support
- You can launch thoses applications which are associated to your items for
editing them or simply for opening them in your preferred application.

Source code:
[1] http://www.kaskaras.net/vazaar/download.php
[2] http://software-libre.org/projects/gnome-vazaar/

Other Software Required:
------------------------
     Dependencies:
        libpanelapplet-2.0      (applet)
        glib-2.0
        libgnome-2.0
        libgnomeui-2.0
        gtk+-2.0
        pango
        libglade-2.0
        libxml-2.0
        gconf-2.0
        mozilla-gtkmozembed     (embed mozilla)
        gtksourceview-1.0       (syntax highlighting)
        gnet-2.0                (MD5 operations)

Other Comments:
---------------
  I not sure at all, but I don't think I have any problem to include
mozilla-gtkmozembed as dependency in my program.

About http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html in Mozilla Public
License (MPL):
"However, MPL 1.1 has a provision (section 13) that allows a program (or
parts of it) to offer a choice of another license as well. If part of a
program allows the GNU GPL as an alternate choice, or any other
GPL-compatible license as an alternate choice, that part of the program has a
GPL-compatible license."

Checking http://www.mozilla.org/unix/gtk-embedding.html about license
information I don't see any information. However, projects like
epiphany-browser use this widget and they are licensed under GPL.

I am very confused about this topic about how it fits with Savanah rules.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5171>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/