[Savannah-register-public] [task #5171] Submission of Vazaar

From: TomásVírseda
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5171] Submission of Vazaar
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:40:57 +0000

About the first question, I plan to use Savannah to centralize the
development: translators, bugs, and at least one mailing list or forum to
ask/answer questions... I registered vazaar in software-libre.org in order to
get these services but it hasn't worked as it should (for example, the server
is down now but when it is working you can see that is out-to-date since
november). I mean, it's imposible to work in that condition. The other page
for vazaar is my own blog: a simple set of pages with downloads and general
information (no CVS, forums or mailing-list). In gnomefiles.org I make the
announcements for each releases.

About the mozilla-gtkmozembed widget, I've sent a mail to Blizzard (and
pointed him to this tracker) but I haven't got any answer yet. Again and
again, I've been looking at the MPL licenses and reading the MPL 1.1 FAQ[1]
it says:

 "
May I combine MPLed code and GPL-licensed code in the same binary?
    No, __unless the MPLed code is also available under the GPL__ - for
example using the mozilla.org tri-license. This is because the MPL imposes
additional restrictions over and above those imposed by the GPL, which makes
it incompatible with section 6 of the GPL.
 "

And in this other resource from gtkmozembed page[2] it's using the
triple-licensing scheme
"
 * Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
 * either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
 * the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
 * in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable
instead
 * of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file
only
 * under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
 * use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
 * decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the
notice
 * and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not
delete
 * the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
 * the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.
"

As far as I know, I can choose the license. If I choose GPL, all my code will
be GPL. The only thing that I have to do is delete MPL section and replace
with GPL one. In the other hand, Mozilla.org recommends[3] that all new
Mozilla files should use the MPL/LGPL/GPL tri-license.

Summing up, gtkmozembed.h is MPL 1.1, my project is GPL. I choose GPL for my
program and I apply it for all my code (included gtkmozembed.h). I think that
everything fits with nongnu.org rules.

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/mpl-faq.html
[2]
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/embedding/browser/gtk/src/gtkmozembed2.cpp