[Savannah-register-public] [task #5755] Submission of micro-sem micro sa

From: Daniele Lacamera
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5755] Submission of micro-sem micro satellite emulator
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:09:49 +0200

> Licensing under the "GNU GPL v2 only" is problematic.
> Would you agree to license your project under the "GNU GPL v2 or later"?

No, I wouldn't at all.

> Simply, if you don't want to release your project under "GNU GPL v2 or any
later version" we cannot host your project here.

I am sad to hear that, I was hoping you forgot to add the "GPLv2 only"
option.

Ok. That's not a problem... I will have my projects hosted elsewhere from now
on. Just I don't understand why I can't release a software here under one (the
most popular!) of your free software licenses. I simply don't (and I will
never) support GPLv3 in any way, since I am very happy of v2, and I am not
seeing any valid reason to change it.

> it will be important for all GPL-covered programs to advance to GPL v3.

That's just your opinion, I hope they won't. Forcing the projects you host to
do it is comparable to what you are fighting, in subtracting freedom to
developers and users.

Regards

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5755>

  Message sent via/by Savannah