[Savannah-register-public] [task #7646] Submission of Downstairs Sort

From: Andrius da Costa Ribas
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7646] Submission of Downstairs Sort
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:45:25 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9638> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9638>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Downstairs Sort*
* System Name:  *dssort*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU Free Documentation License (GNU General public license v3 for
example code

Since it is an algorithm I have doubts about wether licensing the pseudo-code
under GNU GPL or GNU FDL, if it can be licensed by both it is already ok.)

----

Downstairs Sort is an algorithm inspired by Bead Sort, but Downstairs Sort
works completely different from standard sorting algorithms because it works
under pure mathematic, the tarball contains an html page with the explanation
of Downstairs Sort, some examples for better understanding the idea and
pseudo-code. There's an example source code of it in C language too.

==== Other Software Required: ====
in C language it just needs the standard math.h, in other languages it may
(or not) require math libraries

==== Other Comments: ====
Some images are just math phormulas generated by Open Office, I believe they
can't be licensed, other images are just math manual drafts scanned by me, I
think they don't need to be licensed, but if they need I will license them
too.

Some characters of the html page are not working under konqueror, but they're
ok under firefox and other web browsers.

This project was submitted in november with the name Ladder Sort, but I
believe there is something with similar name, now project registration is back
then I'm resubmitting under the name of Downstairs Sort

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/DSSORT.tar.gz

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7646>

  Message sent via/by Savannah