[Savannah-register-public] Fwd: [task #7815] Submission of Chinese Admin

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Fwd: [task #7815] Submission of Chinese Administrative Division tcl/tk Selector
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:53:29 +0200

Hi Sylvain,

This project seems to be OK.

However, the package contains an area code database (in CSV format)
published by the Chinese government.  I believe such materials are
generally in the public domain and cannot be copyrighted, so there
should be no problem including it into a LGPLd library.  Am I right?

Also, a quick search on *.cn didn't bring me the link to this file on
the web. Do we need to clarify it's source with the package author?

--
Cheers,
Alex