[Savannah-register-public] [task #10626] Submission of ESPResSo

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10626] Submission of ESPResSo
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 06:58:12 +0000

Hi Karl, Alex,

Thanks for the replies! Indeed, they help a great deal.

Clause 4 in the ESPResSo license ("ESPResSo is intended only to be used for
academic research ensuring proper knowledge about simulation techniques. It is
not suited for commercial or industrial purposes.") is definitely meant as a
recommendation only. In fact, ESPResSo is already used by some people in
industry, so I think removing this clause would do no harm.

I will try to get an agreement by all contributors that we can reach, just to
be sure, and also of the MPI. It will be impossible to get it from all
contributors, however, in particular of the one who died (but he will most
probably not sue as, anyway).

So I think I see now more clearly on how to proceed. Thank you very much, and
we will resubmit soon.

Best regards
  Olaf

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?10626>