[Savannah-register-public] [task #10702] Submission of LaMantengo

From: Mario Castelán Castro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10702] Submission of LaMantengo
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 18:56:14 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => marioxcc

Follow-up Comment #1:

2010-10-24 in GNU Savannah task #10702: "Submission of LaMantengo".

Hello.

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in GNU Savannah.
You can reach the rest Savannah hackers (Staff) in this list:

I noticed some issues with the tarball you submited:

In footer.php there is a "All right reserved" notice in spanish (It
reads "Todos los derechos reservados"), this is confussing and adds
nothing.  You alredy give permission to use and copy the software
under the GNU GPL with the license notice above, and we appreciate
that.  Could you please remove this possibly problematic sentence?.

In the PHP files you added the license notices, but did not add
appropriate copyright notices.  Please check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
more information, and update your files.

Images lack licensing information, please add it in the README file
(See below).

In tos.php there is a link to the OSI page for the GNU GPL.  I suggest
you link to http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ or
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html instead.  First, because we want
the public to think of the free software projects hosted in GNU
Savannah as such (Free software) because We think "open source" misses
the point of free software.  More information in
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html.
Also, the GNU page for the GNU GPL contains possibly more useful
information regarding free software licensing, especially GNU
licenses.

I'ts customary to put the all files inside a top directory before
tar-ing'em.  This is not a requirement at all but is adviced to avoid
the users the need to create a new directory before unpack the
tarball.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the
GNU GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any
file more than 10 lines long.

In addition, if you haven't already, please include a copy of the
plain text version of the GPL, available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a file named "COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. images, such as
those under /images), then you can add a README file in the same
directory containing the copyright and license notices. Check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
further information.  A proper example of README can be find at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/plain/etc/images/README.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Please fix these issues and provide a updated tarball.  You can ethier
attach it to the tracker or use an external hosting and provide a
*direct* download URL.

Regards

Item status changes:

Assigned to -> marioxcc