[Savannah-register-public] [task #15078] Submission of Speech Dispatcher

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15078] Submission of Speech Dispatcher
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 11:28:30 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #35, task #15078 (project administration):

> WRT the extremity---I don't think I see the point very well

Well, it was about “a difference between "University of Edinburgh, UK\n
Copyright 1999" and "Copyright 1999 University of Edinburgh, UK".”, and the
gettext part.

> That's easy: the latter is legally valid, the former is not

Uh. I didn't even imagine that. That's good to know, and should probably be
added to https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ValidNotices/

> The guidelines explain in detail that every file should have the notices

Yes, but maintainers will understand that for their own files, not files
introduced by autotools & gettext, which maintainers don't have maintenance
power on (except just not using them, which I could partly revert to because
it didn't have actual impact, but if I had to completely scratch using
gettext, I'd then not be respecting the GNU Coding Standards).

> > ...and this is not a way to get more people into free software
> Our primary goal is not getting more people into free software. That would
be nice, but we don't want it at any cost.

Ok. Well, there is a difference between "any cost" and "not bothering
maintainers with code they do not actually maintain".

Getting back to the case at stake, I believe the current code status, uploaded
on http://dept-info.labri.fr/~thibault/tmp/speechd.tgz  ,  was fixed according
to the comments?

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15078>

  Message sent via Savannah