Re: [Savannah-users] Download hosting, and SVN webpages

From: Nick
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Download hosting, and SVN webpages
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:12:42 +0000

Quoth Eddie Carle:
> Well, that's why you GPG sign the downloads :)

Yes, to an extent, but a nasty person could always sign with their
own key, and unless you knew to look out for a signature from me
people wouldn't see a problem. I think. Though admittedly this is
probably rather unrealistic.

Quoth Sylvain Beucler:

> > I ask partly as very-clever.com appears to be some not-great spam
> > site, and I'm not sure I'm that comfortable having the official
> > downloads for my project hosted there.
>
> No vague claims please.
>
> http://www.very-clever.com/download/nongnu/ looks pretty clean and our
> contact there offers the mirroring and bandwidth with no counterparts.
> I don't see a reason to complain, but maybe you can precise what is
> annoying you.

The root of the server is a blog of 'product reviews', all of which
are dated January 1st, and look to me like they're there just for
amazon referal purposes.

Saying that, I suppose that shouldn't really bother me - just lowers
my trust somewhat.

Thanks for the info.

Nick

--
GPG Key : www.njw.me.uk/nick.gpg.asc     GPG Key ID: 04E4653F
  GPG Fingerprint: 9732 D7C7 A441 D79E FDF0 94F6 1F48 5674 04E4 653F