Re: [Savannah-users] mailing list problems with project classpath

From: Tom Walker
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:33:47 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:08:44 +0100
> Von: Mark Wielaard <address@hidden>
> An: Karl Berry <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Betreff: Re: [Savannah-users] mailing list problems with project classpath

> Hi Karl,
>
> On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 15:51 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> > Mark -- you might want to update the web pages, one way or another.
>
> Which web page is pointing the wrong way?

> > list. The list management page for the classpath project just forwards
> > to a completely different list at classpath.org.
>
> The address@hidden list is managed from developer.classpath.org, so
> it is correct that it redirects to the mailman instance on that machine
> if someone wants to sub/unsubscribe through the web interface. The email
> interface works as is through @gnu.org addresses which are forwarded
> automagically to the developer machine.
>
> This was setup years ago when lists.gnu.org was overloaded and emails to
> the list took multiple hours to get through. Since then the list has
> been forwarded to the developer machine to make sure email is going
> through speedy.
>
> These days lists.gnu.org has enough hardware power and we could also
> move the list management back again.

I don't think that the list managed by classpath.org is the list I am
subscribed to. If you look at the list archives here...

http://developer.classpath.org/pipermail/classpath/

and here...

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/

...there do appear to be two lists. I was receiving mail for the latter and
page for unsubscribing manages the former.

Hope this helps. If not, I think I should be OK now.

Karl: Thanks for removing me.

Regards,
Tom