Re: [Savannah-users] Hosting web pages on a different site?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Hosting web pages on a different site?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 22:54:56 GMT

Hi Martin,

    I seem to remember reading that it is not necessary for a project to be
    hosted completely on Savannah. But now I cannot find any reference or
    documentation on this.

It's on
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly
The point starting:
* No storage or back-up-only project ...
  although we do not require all parts of the project to be hosted at
  Savannah.

    So, just to be sure: is it ok if a project hosted on savannah.nongnu.org
    moves its web pages to a different site, but still uses all the other
    Savannah services?

I haven't discussed this with other savannah folk, but I would say yes,
it's ok.  There are a number GNU packages which host their own web
pages, off the main GNU web server, and rms has not considered this a
stopper.  I see even less reason for savannah in general to enforce such
a rule.

Best,
Karl