Re: [Savannah-users] SSD (Solid State Drive)‏

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] SSD (Solid State Drive)‏
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 00:58:55 -0600

Bryan R wrote:
> To whom it may concern,

st for people who use Savannah.
Savannah is the software forge for people committed to free software.
The web site, the version control hosting, that type of thing.

> I have a Samsung 830 Series SSD, the program ' hddtemp ' can't not
> access the drives sensor. I am running Linux Mint Nadia 64 bit, when
> I run the ' Disk ' program it tell's me the temperature of the
> SSD. So I know it has the sensor, I don't really mind, but it would
> be nice (for conky) and I figured I would let who ever would like to
> know, know. Attached is a screenshot of the ' Disk ' program showing
> the temperature of the drive.

But you are asking a question about hddtemp.  Or something.  I am not
sure what you are asking.  I think you are asking for a way to read
the temperature sensor with hdparm.

I suggest using 'smartctl -A /dev/sda' to read the hdd temperature
sensor if it is available.  If that works great.  But since this isn't
about Savannah then for further discussion please try the smartmontools
mailing folks.

  http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/smartmontools/wiki

Bob