Re: [Savannah-users] Why it seems to be no activity on Savannah?

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Why it seems to be no activity on Savannah?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:42:25 -0400

On Tue, 2015-06-02 at 07:26 -0400, Julian Marchant wrote:
> I think you may be projecting an impression you have on a few Savannah
> projects onto the entire Savannah site. I'm sure there are some
> projects on Savannah which are inactive.

I think the more accurate statement is that there are a few projects
which are inactive _on Savannah_.

Savannah hasn't been around all that long in the history of the FSF /
GNU project, and many projects predate it.  Although most of those
projects may have a presence on Savannah now, often they still use
traditional methods of managing the project (mostly mailing lists)
rather than the Savannah facilities.  There's no mandate that a GNU
project MUST use Savannah for project management.

For bash, in particular, the bash(1) man page has an extensive section
on how to report bugs and nowhere does it mention Savannah.