Re: [Savannah-users] Password cannot be reseted before confirmation

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Password cannot be reseted before confirmation
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:25:48 -0600

Joonas Kylmälä wrote:
> I just tried to create a savannah.nongnu.org user account. I got to the
> point where I opened the link for account confirmation but the it said
> "Invalid password". So I thought maybe I mistyped it and tried to use
> the "Lost your password?" functionality but it turns out my account is
> not yet existing in the system (the message I got "Invalid User: This
> account does not exist or has not been activated "). How can I get the
> account now activated?

What is the account name?

There is a "hang state" that should be fixed in the web logic.  If an
account activation is in the middle between being created and being
confirmed then there is no way for the user to do anything with it.
The original confirmation email link is the only way to activate it
and if that link is lost or mangled then there isn't currently a way
to trigger another confirmation.  Filing a help request is the way to
move past the problem.

Bob