Re: [Savannah-users] DownloadArea: upload via scp not working

From: Dedeco Balaco Baco
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] DownloadArea: upload via scp not working
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 19:56:16 +0000 (UTC)

Simon, I would like to suggest that you try Cygwin
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygwin), that brings an unix like environment to
Windows users. You will be able to install many linux programs in it, if what
you want is not already installed. But I can guess most programs will be
installed, and scp is one of the essential ones that I bet will be there. You
will *not* have aliases like "pscp" for "scp". You will use the exact commands
you read about in any linux related website.

A few years ago, when I worked in a company that had a few programs developed
for Windows client, I used a virtual machine to run Windows just to compile the
programs. All the rest I did in the Linux environment, which is much better in
several aspects. At least the same, to avoid a pointless discussions in this
list.

Try Cygwin, and later tell the us about your experience with it.

Regards.

 Assaf Gordon wrote:
 >This
 error might be related to pscp:
 >https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/pscp-unexpected-eof.html
 >(though that page talks about
 downloading).

 It seems more
 like some kind of authentication issue (doesn't start at
 all). I'll give linux scp a try...

 Thanks for checking!

 Regards,
 Simon