[Savannah-users] Unable to upload release tarball to Download Area

From: Asher Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-users] Unable to upload release tarball to Download Area
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 07:13:14 +0000

Hello,

I'm very new to Savannah, and I recently added a new project, c2py
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/c2py. I'm trying to upload a release
tarball to the Download Area, but it is not working. The "Download Area" link
on the project page links to https://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=c2py
which redirects to https://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/c2py/ but that
page is a 404.

I have tried uploading using scp as described here: https://savannah.gnu.orI
have uploaded my SSH and GPG public keys.
g/maintenance/DownloadArea/

  scp c2py-0.0.1rc5.tar.gz address@hidden:/releases/c2py/
  Enter passphrase for key '/home/asher/.ssh/id_rsa':
  scp: /releases/c2py/: Is a directory

The "Is a directory" message indicates (somewhat counter-intuitively) that
/releases/c2py/ does not exist on the Savannah server. If I try uploading
multiple files at once (my tarball and its signature), it prints a more
intuitive message (since it expects the destination to be a directory with
multiple sources), but still does not work:

  scp c2py-0.0.1rc5.tar.gz{,.sig} address@hidden:/releases/c2py/
  Enter passphrase for key '/home/asher/.ssh/id_rsa':
  scp: /releases/c2py/: No such file or directory

Again, I'm a Savannah newbie, and I'm probably doing something obviously wrong.

Thanks for your help,
Asher

P.S. I have uploaded my SSH and GPG public keys to my account, if it helps.