screen-devel

[screen-devel] screen + tcsh

From: Josef Ridky
Subject: [screen-devel] screen + tcsh
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 09:28:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I would like to ask for one thing about keybinding in screen.
Following problem is the reason, why am I asking:

-----------------------------------
Description of problem:
The home and end keys no longer work in screen when using tcsh as shell.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. start screen:
$ screen

2. start tcsh
$ tcsh

3. make sure home and end are bound:
$ bindkey | egrep '^(home|end)'
home           -> beginning-of-line
end            -> end-of-line

4. press home or end

Actual results:
pressing "home" and "end" prints a "~".

Expected results:
cursor jumps to the beginning or end of the line.
-----------------------------------

I think, that this behavior is caused by using 'term=xterm' in config file.
Problem is, that this line has to be in the config file, because it solves
other, much worse problem.

Does anyone know, how to solve this without removing term=xterm?
Thanks for your ideas.

Regards

Josef Ridky
Associate Software Engineer